Update for Food Forward Volunteers regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated April 7, 2020
Food Forward is committed to promoting the health and well-being of everyone in our community, including our volunteers, agency partners, fruit and vegetable donors, produce recipients, and staff.
With that in mind, we have made the decision to suspend community volunteer events in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties for the time being. We will keep you updated as circumstances change. The best way to stay in touch is to sign up for our bi-weekly newsletter, Fresh Juice. Click here to join.
What can I do to protect myself and others from respiratory infections like COVID-19?
Tips from the County of Los Angeles Public Health
• Everyone should avoid any non-essential travel, public gatherings, or places where large groups of people congregate.
• If you have to leave your home, stay at least 6 feet away from others.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Limit close contact with people who are sick.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your elbow (not your hands).
• Use facemasks only if you have been instructed to do so by your health care provider.
• Cloth face coverings like a bandana or towel can be used by the general public to cover the nose and mouth when they need to leave their home to obtain essential services or goods.
• Get a flu shot to prevent influenza if you have not done so this season.
For the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates, please visit these sites: