Position: The VC Branch Manager will report to the Operations Director and will be responsible for the continued growth and development of Food Forward Ventura County. The ideal candidate is passionate about hunger/food justice issues, high energy, charismatic, has an entrepreneurial spirit and is connected to the food and fruit cultivation community of Ventura County. The candidate will become an Ambassador for Food Forward, identifying and engaging community partners, volunteers, civic leaders, corporate leaders, farmers, students and others interested in Food Forward and our work. He/She must have prior management experience, as the first major duty will be to build out the team of a P/T coordinator and P/T driver to help in day-to-day operations.
- 2-3 years Managerial experience in fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of Ventura County geography and demographics
- Valid California drivers license
- Keen passion and understanding of food justice issues
- Understanding and ease of execution with coordination of multiple outdoor events on a monthly basis, held at numerous locations, with several dozen stakeholders
- Ability to pick fruit, lifting boxes and transporting fruit should the need arise
- Play well with others (volunteers, homewoners, farmers, donors, community partners, etc.)
- Connected to the food and farming community of Ventura County.
- Very Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Manage Backyard Harvest Operations which include but are not limited to:
- Homeowner TLC, cultivation and growth
- Volunteer Recruitment & Retention
- Maintain and grow Receiving Agency/Community partnerships
- Ensure adequate number of harvesting events are successfully held each month
- Equipment Hub and Equipment Oversight
- Insure timely and accurate reporting of Key Performance Metrics
- Hire & Manage VC Coordinator
- Onboarding of new programs in partnerships w/FF program managers
- Tabling and Speaking engagements to promote FF in the region to create awareness
- Document Policies & Procedure as well as best practices
Hours: 40 per week (will include weekend work)
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter in the body of the email and attach your resume in a PDF version to email@example.com. The subject line should read, VC Branch Manager – (Your Name). No phone calls please. Please follow these instructions to insure that we process your application.