Position: FMR Driver/Weekend Support Staff (Part-Time, 8-14 hrs/Week, 4 days/month)
The Driver/Weekend Support Staff will report to the FMR Manager and serve two main roles: drive FMR materials between the office, markets, and agencies and act as support staff to the volunteers when out in the field. At all times, the Driver/Support Staff will be representing Food Forward as a community ambassador. The weekly responsibilities include re-stocking the FMR supply kits at farmers market across Los Angeles, checking in with glean team lead (volunteer) and assessing their needs, filling in as a glean team lead or assisting with gleans when needed, and occasionally driving boxes from farmers markets to receiving agencies. The Driver/Weekend Support Staff should be able to lead volunteers at any market in emergencies. The driver is expected to provide great customer service, keep in constant contact with the FMR Manager, and provide weekly email recaps of the weekend’s events.
All work is on Saturdays (3-6 hours) and Sundays (8 hours). Time commitment would be two Sundays and two Saturdays per month (not necessarily on the same weekend), totaling up to 28 hours per month. Additional hours would be available, depending on need. The schedule would be coordinated with the FMR Manager one month in advance.
- Valid Class C Driver’s license
- Ability to drive large utility-style vans and trucks in compliance of traffic and safety laws
- Clean driving record
- Ability to lift and move boxes of produce weighing up to 45 lbs from ground to vehicles
- Availability on Saturdays and Sundays
- Extremely organized and efficient with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication
- Team player
- Good geographical knowledge of Greater Los Angeles
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to make and act on decisions quickly
- Excited to represent Food Forward when visiting markets and agencies and act as a community ambassador
Wage: $12.00 – $15.00 / Hr Depending on Experience.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter in the body of the email and attach your resume in a PDF version to email@example.com. The subject line should read, Farmers Market Recovery Program Driver – (Your Name). No phone calls please. Please follow these instructions to insure that we process your application. Submissions are due by Saturday, February 28.