Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates from Food Forward
A COVID-19 Update from Food Forward
Updated: April 10, 2020
Food Forward is committed to promoting the health and well-being of everyone in our community, including our volunteers, agency partners, fruit and vegetable donors, produce recipients, and staff. With that in mind, our operations and programs have been modified based on official recommendations made in response to COVID-19.
• Community volunteer events for our Backyard Harvest and Farmers Market Recovery programs in Los Angeles and Ventura counties have been paused for the time being.
• Our Wholesale Produce Recovery program and the Produce Pit Stop are continuing to operate with increased safety and hygiene measures in place.
• Our Produce Pick-Up schedule has been updated and can be seen by visiting this page.
• Our North Hollywood and Ventura offices are closed and most staff have been working remotely since Monday, March 16. You can still reach us by calling 818-764-1022 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to help
• Our work to recover fresh produce and get it to individuals experiencing food insecurity is more important than ever right now. Make a donation today.
• If you have extra fruit on your trees, consider sharing it with your neighbors! Visit our DIY harvesting page for safe harvesting tips.
• Keep up to date on Food Forward news by signing up for our bi-weekly newsletter, Fresh Juice, and by following us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Are you looking for food?
See our Produce Pick-Up page for our distribution schedule.
For additional information or press requests, please contact:
Laura Jellum, Outreach & Communications Director
What can I do to protect myself and others from respiratory infections like COVID-19?
Tips from the County of Los Angeles Public Health
• Everyone should avoid any non-essential travel, public gatherings, or places where large groups of people congregate.
• If you have to leave your home, stay at least 6 feet away from others.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Limit close contact with people who are sick.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your elbow (not your hands).
• Use facemasks only if you have been instructed to do so by your health care provider.
• Cloth face coverings like a bandana or towel can be used by the general public to cover the nose and mouth when they need to leave their home to obtain essential services or goods.
• Get a flu shot to prevent influenza if you have not done so this season.
More Food Forward Updates
• For Food Forward Volunteer updates, please visit this page.
• For program updates, please visit this page.
For the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates, please visit these sites: