We are hiring: Farmers Market Recovery Program Coordinator (Temp)
POSITION: Farmers Market Recovery Program Coordinator (Temp)
ORGANIZATION: Food Forward (501.c.3 non-profit), foodforward.org
HOURS: 40 hours/week
LOCATION: North Hollywood office and in the field
FARMERS MARKET RECOVERY PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Farmers Market Recovery Program (FMR) is an innovative program that gleans the unsold produce from farmers markets and distributes it to hunger relief agencies around Los Angeles. The program perfectly aligns with Food Forward’s mission, as it addresses the problems of food waste that are often present at farmers markets while combating urban hunger and food access injustices. The FMR program currently has weekly volunteer events at 17 markets across Los Angeles and Ventura Counties.
The Program Coordinator will report to the FMR Manager and will play an important role in organizing and deepening. Weekly responsibilities of the Program Coordinator include coordinating and retaining volunteers; maintaining program logistics; data collection, and; reporting program information to the FMR Manager. Long-term projects will include assisting in the launch of new market gleanings, engaging with program stakeholders, and supporting volunteer and vendor appreciation efforts. The Program Coordinator will have the opportunity to offer new ideas and techniques to improve the program. The schedule would be based on a Monday through Friday work week with occasional hours on the weekends. Occasional weekend work would consist of market volunteer and logistics support which varies in need week-to-week. This position is temporary, while our current Program Coordinator is on maternity leave.
- Valid Class C Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to lift and move boxes of produce weighing up to 45 lbs from ground
- Availability to work on Saturdays and Sundays when needed and commit to 40 hours of work per week
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Extremely organized and efficient with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Team player excited to work with an eclectic bunch of individuals
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Social media skills, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Has passion centered around Food Forward’s goals
WAGE: $13.00 – $16.00 / Hr Depending on Experience
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter in the body of the email and attach your resume in a PDF version to email@example.com. The subject line should read, Farmers Market Recovery Program Coordinator – (Your Name). No phone calls please. Please follow these instructions to insure that we process your application.