We Are Hiring: Social Enterprise & Partnerships Manager
POSITION: Social Enterprise & Partnerships Manager
ORGANIZATION: Food Forward (501.c.3 non-profit), foodforward.org
HOURS: 30 hours/week (potentially growing to full-time)
LOCATION: At our North Hollywood, CA office, and remote
ORGANIZATION & POSITION OVERVIEW:
Food Forward recovers produce that would otherwise go to waste and donates it to over 250 agencies serving people in need. An award-winning start-up now in its sixth year, we are the largest volunteer- powered non-profit organization of our type in the Southwestern US, gleaning produce from private homes, public spaces, farmers markets and the wholesale market in downtown Los Angeles, with 100% going to feed the hungry across 5 counties in Southern California.
Food Forward is looking for a Social Enterprise & Partnerships Manager who will be responsible for overseeing and growing a wide array of earned income projects and partnerships directly related to social enterprise.
Working closely with the Executive Director this person will be tasked with growing organizational revenue by expanding among other things: our Private Picks (team building events,) Can It! educational food preservation classes, a line of gourmet jams, sales opportunities for our branded merchandise and other projects. They will also be tasked with engaging and maintaining revenue generating corporate and event sponsorships and partnerships throughout the year.
The Social Enterprise & Partnerships Manager will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for the following:
- Solicit, coordinate and re-up Private Picks for corporate, non-profit, faith-based and other groups, and growing the program’s client base.
- Forge and manage a growing roster of partnerships with appropriate corporations, LA-area events and organizations, with the aim of raising funds through sponsorships and special events.
- Maintain and grow relationships and sale opportunities with retail and other sales outlets for our Can It! line of specialty jams and preserved food, while scaling production of these products and developing the marketing of them.
- Maintain and grow relationships, promotions and sale opportunities with retail and other sales outlets for our line of branded merchandise.
- Oversee and grow end of year/holiday and seasonal merchandise sales
- Create, execute and manage an array of revenue generating promotions throughout the year with local restaurants, retailers, bars and food businesses and others.
- The creative marketing and promotion of all events and projects in this department.
3-5 years of business development, preferably in the non-profit and social enterprise area.
3-5 years experience in food and beverage.
Ideal candidate will have a strong interest/passion in hunger relief, food justice issues and taking Food Forward’s award-winning model to the next level by helping build out robust self-sustaining fundraising opportunities.
Although this is not a grant writing or development position, we are looking for an extremely detail-oriented self-starter who is entrepreneurial, has sales and marketing management experience with leadership in their blood and a love for organizing, innovating and building creative community partnerships.
Candidate should be very proactive, extremely personable and able follow up with their own work, as well as comfortable building on leads and pre-existing relationships that have been built ahead of them.
Other qualifications include:
- 3-5 years proven effective entrepreneurial and sales experience
- 3-5 years proven food/beverage promotion and/or marketing, and the scaling of food/beverage lines
- Knowledge of local and national corporate sponsorship landscape
- Proven track record building creative mutually beneficial branding or promotional partnerships from the ground up
- Strong knowledge of the social enterprise world and innovative models currently working for other non-profits organizations
- Professionalism, confidentiality and enthusiasm for developing strong community relationships deemed beneficial to the organization
- Ability to write professional business plans
- Experience in food justice/anti-hunger work desired
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Strong people skills and proven experience managing volunteers
- Strong knowledge and comfort with WordPress, Twitter, Facebook and other social media.
- Flexible, a team player, able to work well under pressure
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, open-space environment
- Comfortable working at a young, start–up style, lean non-profit and strong drive to help build on early successes
- A valid drivers license, reliable source of transportation and ability to easily navigate Southern California
- Willingness to work occasional nights or weekend events
COMPENSATION: $40,000-45,000/D.O.E. – Approx. 30 hours/week + cell phone allowance (potential to grow to full-time)
NEXT STEP: To apply, please send a letter of interest in the body of an email. Tell us 1) if you were a fruit, what fruit you would be and why 2) describe what you are able to offer the role of Social Enterprise & Partnerships Manager.
Please attach your resume in PDF format and send to Rick Nahmias, Executive Director, at info[at]foodforward[dot]org, with the Subject Line reading “Social Enterprise & Partnerships Manager (first and last name)”