We are hiring!! Volunteer Manager
Food Forward Volunteer Manager
The Volunteer Manager (VM) is responsible for maintaining and improving volunteerism, volunteer capacity, and volunteer culture for all Food Forward programs (including our Backyard Harvesting, Farmers Market Recovery Program plus ongoing community outreach and development events.) The Volunteer Manager plays a key role in managing and maintaining individual volunteer relationships as well as those of Super Volunteers who play a key and ongoing role in Food Forward’s food recovery network. The Volunteer Manager recruits volunteers through our website, social media channels, partnerships and numerous community outreach efforts to develop and sustain Food Forward’s network of over 7000 volunteers who power an average of 50 food recovery events per month.
In addition, the Volunteer Manager maintains corporate, faith-based, educational and non-profit volunteer relationships and partnerships that inspire new engagement and long-term retention across these communities. The Volunteer Manager supports and mentors Food Forward Branches and Chapters with their specific volunteer recruitment and retention needs.
This VM position plays a key role in systems, logistics & process development as well as implementation around volunteer engagement for the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Creates a singular Food Forward voice across our volunteer-powered organization, through in-person presentations, trainings, webinars, FAQ’s, and other ongoing education that ensures the quality of the volunteer experience
– Provides the resources and understanding to instill in volunteers a sense that they are ambassadors of the Food Forward brand
– Create and develop best practices to strategically engage, organize, mobilize and communicate with a volunteer force of 7000+
– Posts, recruits, and oversees all Volunteers for all Food Forward Programs and events
– Manages the online volunteer database and online volunteer interface
– Partners with entire Food Forward team (Staff & Board) to quickly problem solve around program challenges and to benefit and enhance Food Forward’s volunteer powered efforts
-Manages a small team of program assistants and interns to effectively complete administrative program tasks
-Broadens Food Forward’s network with other non-profits, NGO’s, faith-based and educational institutions through proactive outreach around volunteer and service-based engagement
-Manages the roles, relationships, responsibilities, and training of several dozen high-level program volunteers
-Directly fields questions with the public and all other inquiries about volunteering and program involvement
-Actively learns new methods and skills to enhance volunteerism and the volunteer culture of Food Forward
-Collects and maintains volunteer engagement metrics across the organization
-Works as a proactive external ambassador of Food Forward’s mission
Required Skills and Experience:
– 3 years of professional experience in team management, especially with large numbers at one time.
– Building an organization’s capacity
– Nurturing long-term service commitments with numerous stakeholders organization-wide
– Ability to proactively manage multiple tasks independently
– Take on leadership role while working comfortably under pressure
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Effective team player
– Significant experience with Macs, Google Docs, MS Office
– Extremely social media savvy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
– Highly polished public speaking skills; comfort and enthusiasm talking to large groups
– Comfort and passion coordinating, communicating and motivating large groups of people
– Experience developing and maintaining one-to-one long term stakeholder relationships
– Experience developing corporate and/or nonprofit partnerships
– Strong knowledge of Southern California geography
– Valid California drivers license
– Experience managing large databases
– Significant first person volunteer experience
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field.
How to apply
Email Amir at email@example.com, subject line reads “VOLUNTEER MANAGER- (your name)” with a cover letter written in the body of the email and attach a current resume in PDF format. No phone calls please.**