Now Hiring an Administrative Assistant
(Part-Time, Independent Contractor: 18 hours/week – 3x 6-hour days/week)
Food Forward’s mission is to rescue local produce that would otherwise go to waste, connecting this abundance with people in need, and inspiring others to do the same.
HARVEST, FIGHT HUNGER AND BUILD COMMUNITY
The position reports to the Operations Director and will support the organization’s administrative, logistical and ad hoc needs in a consistent and ongoing basis from its North Hollywood office. The administrative assistant is primarily responsible for writing and overseeing all donor letters, managing office supply inventory, and ensuring vehicles are properly maintained and packed for harvest/gleaning events. At times, the assistant will work with the Executive Director and Program & Partnerships Manager on research, and other ongoing projects.
● Manage merchandise (inventory, sales, vendor relations)
● Manage vendor correspondence (water, phone, UPS, etc)
● Oversee and keep current all vehicle maintenance, permits, registration, insurance
● Maintain press kits
● Assist with all correspondence to donors
● Assist with CAN IT! Production
● Help load vehicles for pick events
● Help maintain an organized, efficient work space and storage facility
● Ad Hoc research
● Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks
● Extremely organized and efficient with excellent attention to detail
● Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
● Able to lift 30-60lb objects/boxes on a regular basis
● Self-starting/Proactive team player with a can do attitude
● Excellent problem solver and ability to keep office equipment maintained.
● Excellent Microsoft Office skills plus Google Docs, WordPress required.
● Research and analyze various food justice, programmatic and logistics related topics
● Valid California drivers license
Wage: $13.00 / Hr
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter in the body of the email and attach your resume in a PDF version to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read, Admin Asst – (Your Name). No phone calls please.