FOOD FORWARD IS HIRING A PROJECTS & PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER!
Please take a look at the new position we are hiring for – and think about applying, or sending it along to friends and networks who might be a good fit. Thanks much, The Food Forward Team
POSITION: Manager of Projects & Partnerships
ORGANIZATION: Food Forward (501.c.3 non-profit), foodforward.org
ORGANIZATION & POSITION OVERVIEW:
Food Forward’s mission is to reconnect people with people – through food – by bringing together volunteers and neighbors to share in the gleaning and distributing of locally grown food from private homes, public spaces, farmers markets and other sources, with 100% going to feed the hungry in our community. We engage volunteers to harvest and recover this food which is then distributed free of charge to over fifty local food pantries and organizations serving those in need. Since forming in 2009, Food Forward has rescued over 1.2 million pounds of produce from over 600 backyards, orchards, farms, markets and wholesale distributors.
Food Forward (a non-profit 501.c.3 organization), now nearly four years old, is looking for an individual who will be our first Projects & Partnerships Manager. This person will be responsible for overseeing and growing a wide array of external relations-oriented projects, events, and partnerships directly related to social enterprise and revenue generation.
Working closely with the Executive Director this person will be tasked with growing organizational revenue by expanding among other things: our Private Picks, Can It! food line, our annual Spring Melt fundraiser, sales opportunities for our branded merchandise and other promotions. They will also be tasked with engaging and maintaining revenue generating corporate and event sponsorships and partnerships throughout the year.
The Manager of Special Projects & Partnerships will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee (and grow) the annual Spring Melt fundraiser. The candidate will build and maintain relationships with event stakeholders, sponsors, donors, manage event volunteers and committees, and manage event logistics for Food Forward, including managing budget and schedule, on-site execution and procuring donations for robust silent auction.
- Solicit and coordinate Private Picks for corporate, non-profit, faith-based and other groups.
- Forge and manage a growing roster of partnerships with appropriate corporations, events and organizations, with the aim of raising funds through sponsorships and special events.
- Occasionally solicit and secure an array of in-kind donations, including harvesting equipment, volunteer incentives, silent auction items, etc.
- Maintain and grow relationships and sale opportunities with retail and other sales outlets for our Can It! line of gourmet preserved food.
- Maintain and grow relationships, promotions and sale opportunities with retail and other sales outlets for our line of branded apparel and merchandise (gloves, shirts, hoodies, aprons, etc.)
- Manage and build our Sip To Share The Abundance Campaign with local bars and restaurants.
Ideally, the candidate will have a strong interest in hunger, food justice issues and taking Food Forward’s award-winning model to the next level by helping build out robust self-sustaining fundraising opportunities. Though this is not a grant writing or development position, we are looking for an extremely detail-oriented self-starting individual who is entrepreneurial, has sales and event management in their blood enjoys organizing, innovating, and building creative community partnerships.
Candidate should be very proactive, extremely personable and able follow up with their own work, as well as comfortable building on leads and pre-existing relationships that have been built ahead of them.
Other qualifications include:
- 3-5 years proven effective entrepreneurial and sales experience
- 3-5 years proven event production/management experience
- Knowledge of local and national corporate sponsorship landscape
- Proven track record building creative mutually beneficial branding or promotional partnerships from the ground up
- Strong knowledge of the social enterprise world and innovative models currently working for other non-profits organizations
- Professionalism, confidentiality and enthusiasm for developing strong community relationships deemed beneficial to the organization.
- Experience in food justice/anti-hunger work desired
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Strong people skills and proven experience managing volunteers
- Strong knowledge and comfort with WordPress, Twitter, Facebook and other social media.
- Flexible, a team player, able to work well under pressure
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced open-space environment
- Comfortable working at a young, start – up style, lean non-profit and strong drive to help build on early successes
- A valid drivers license, reliable source of transportation and ability to easily navigate Southern California
- Willingness to work occasional nights or weekend events
NEXT STEP: To apply, please send a letter of interest in the body of an email describing why you are interested and what you are able to offer the role of Manager of Projects & Partnerships. Please attach your resume in PDF format and send to Rick Nahmias, Executive Director, at info[at]foodforward[dot]org with the Subject Line reading “Projects & Partnerships Manager (first and last name)”