We are Hiring!
Food Forward is hiring our first employee – a part-time Managing Director – Please see below for details….
This will be a paid, part-time independent contractor position for aprox. 20-25 hours a week with the goal of making it fulltime permanent salaried position within the first 6-8 months. The selected candidate may work from home for the first several months (and possibly on an ongoing basis) as we are a virtual organization.
Before considering the job description below, we strongly suggest each candidate thoroughly looks over our website. Please include a resume as a PDF, and salary history.
No calls please. EMAIL TO email@example.com
Duties will include:
- Oversee/be point person on the details and multiple steps in executing day-to-day operations/activities/picks
- Be point person on day-to-day core team work: Properties, Volunteers, Development, Can It!, Partnerships
- Manage budget and fundraising strategies
- Oversee relationship with Fiscal Sponsor
- Represent organization at smaller local networking events/farmers markets/fairs
- Sign off on all middle level decisions/movement in the organization
- Write most external communications and all major donor thank-yous
- Act as lead on social media: website updates/blog posting/Twitter
- Organize tabling at events/fairs/churches/synagogues/schools/etc.
- Manage transportation/storage/issues
- Coordinate larger complicated initiatives: i.e. organization/execution of Big Picks
- Outreach to food pantries
- Close and regular check in and collaboration with Founder/Executive Director and core Food Forward team members.
- Eventually help building a Board of Directors and taking the organization to its own 501c.3 status.
- At least 3 years working in key position or top team management of a non-profit organization
- Strong understanding/passion for hunger and food related issues
- Strong experience, as well as understanding and sincere enjoyment of working with/helping run an all-volunteer organization
- Creative and outside the box thinker – we are not interested in the “old” models of running a non-profit
- Well networked with strong contacts and experience in development and fund raising
- Very strong written and public speaking abilities
- Excellent web 2-3.0 understanding and social media comprehension
- Ability to make a minimum of a 2-3 year commitment to position
- Bilingual (English/Spanish preferred)
- City of Los Angeles resident