We’re looking for property owners with mature fruit trees, multi-tree private orchards or gardens with excess fruit or vegetables to share with those in need in our own community: 100% of all fruit harvested by Food Forward is donated to local food pantries. All fruit donors will receive a charitable contribution tax receipt.
If we have harvested from your tree in the past, and you would like to let us know that your tree is ready for another harvest please do not register your tree again. Instead, email the Harvest Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brenna at 818 764 1022 x 3#
We often have high demand, and give priority to seniors, people with disabilities, and properties with at least 150 lbs. of fruit available. Consequently we may not be able to harvest every home and appreciate your patience as our organization grows!
Food Forward carries full liability insurance for all its volunteer harvesting-related activities. Additionally all Food Forward volunteers will be trained in proper harvesting methods and sign liability release waivers.
- You receive a tax- deductible receipt for your fruit. We measure the pounds and send you a receipt by mail noting the weight of your donation. (You must estimate the value of your donation)
- You save the cost of paying a gardener to clean up and remove the fruit from your yard.
- You reduce the amount of waste in your yard or green bins that are attracting rodents.
- You are ensured that every piece of fruit is going to someone in need and know that you are a part of the solution of ending hunger in your community!
- Please complete the Property Registration Form to the best of your ability and we will add your tree(s) to our database.
- We will contact you via phone and/or email within 72 hours with any additional questions.
- If your property seems like a good fit for a Food Forward pick, we will schedule a site visit so that one of our Property Scouts can evaluate your trees, property, to determine when your fruit is ripe, how many volunteers are needed and the appropriate tools for the job.
- We will follow up with you to set up a Pick Event. If we determine that your fruit is not ripe or that your property doesn’t meet our criteria we will let you know and discuss next steps/other options.
- If we set up a Pick Event, we will send out our fully insured and trained volunteer teams to pick your fruit and vegetables, on a pre-arranged day and time. It is not required for homeowners to be present on the day/time we harvest but if you are home and want to help, we would love for you to join us!
Privacy: Information entered here is used solely by Food Forward. We do not share, sell, or otherwise distribute your personal information.
Low Res | High Res
"Having Food Forward harvest my lemon tree made giving to my community both easy and meaningful. They handled everything: the harvesting, the clean up and the delivery of the fruit. I was astounded by the amount of fruit my one little tree yielded and was so gratified to know it would not go to waste but provide fresh fruit to those who would otherwise go without."- Abby, Los Angeles